El Camino de Santiago de Compostela

El Camino de Santiago de Compostela

Saturday 5 September 2015

Stocks Reservoir

Got out yesterday in the Forest of Bowland. Beautiful countryside and we took a well loved walk around Stocks Reservoir from Slaidburn.






Slaidburn is festooned with signs warning of the passage of the Tour of Britain bike race on Monday. I'd really love to get up there to watch but, sadly it can't be done.
My boots are wearing in nicely, and I'm getting more used to their weight.
The scone at the end of this walk was really nice, but they offered it me with whipped cream not clotted cream! I mean, come on! As far as I'm concerned, they could have added another £1 to the price if it had come with about 30p worth of clotted cream. On the other hand it was a proper MUG of tea!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment