El Camino de Santiago de Compostela

El Camino de Santiago de Compostela

Monday 27 May 2024

Tramps like us

 


Last Wednesday evening 45,000 people braved dreadful weather to see The Boss. Thankfully we were under cover although it seemed that those on the pitch had just as good a time as us. I went along hoping for Land of Hope and Dreams and Bobbie Jean, got neither, but came away with a new favourite, Racing in The Street. Heather went along as quite liking Bruce but, I think, came away as a fan. Bruce rocks better than most but the standouts for me are the songs of sadness and despair. Racing in the Street came immediately after The River and a more despairing song than that would be hard to find.

Bruce's voice wasn't quite at its best due to a cold and the cold weather and the three subsequent shows in Europe have been cancelled on doctor's orders. Despite this, I think I sat through the entire 2hrs 55minutes (NO INTERMISSION) with a stupid smile on my face. I've always wanted to see Springsteen perform and now I've seen him, if I get the opportunity, I would love to see him again. He is, however, 74. Quite how he does this 3 hour show every 3-4 days is beyond me. He's probably sustained by a wave of adulation.

Heather's had a wonky tooth all week which had thankfully recovered by Friday evening when we were joined by grandson Josh.


We had a super Saturday at Chipping Steam Fair. We saw a fascinating array of steam engines from traction engines to a dinky one which ran a butter churn. Josh was great company on Saturday and Sunday and we had a smashing weekend.


Lamborghini NOT Aventador
Political Comment:
If Rishi Sunak thinks he will cling on to power by calling an election when we're on holiday, he's mistaken! We've applied for postal votes! Ha!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment